Thread: 586 project
View Single Post

Old 12-31-2010, 08:19 PM

Liked 3,590 Times in 816 Posts

I decided, with the convincing of 45wheelgun to leave well enough alone for now. The new barrel came in and looks nice, I have not slugged it yet to check for minor buldging, but will do that at some point to get some sort of readings. While discussing cost options I figured it probably worth it to have a pro do the barrel swap and rather than me spending a ton of money on tools for a job I'm not sure about. No reason to take a chance of buggering up a perfectly good revolver. Why not just send it to S&W. This 586 is a no dash that has not had the recall work done yet. I'll just ship it to S&W and have them do the big "M" modification, while they have the gun apart I will see what it costs to have the barrel swap done to factory spec.
Doh!!

I can still make the grips and some other minor things. So I put the 586 back together and will hold off on any work until after I give S&W a call. While I'm talking to them I might as well price out any and all custom work that I can think of like porting, night sights, matte finish or adding a lock. :P I wonder if they will cover shipping both ways?? :

Besides, I have other projects going, I needed to electrify my press so I can see down into the cases. Fix some furniture around the house and catchup on the "honey-do" list.

Last edited by Smith357; 12-31-2010 at 08:31 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: