View Single Post

Old 01-01-2011, 09:39 AM

Liked 3,590 Times in 816 Posts

My cheezy press light gave up so I made up a new one. Rather than a using somthing that had batteries I went for something a bit more. Starting with a Nite ize LED Maglite bulb and a 6v power supply and about a half inch of rubber hose. I soldered up the positive lead to the nipple on the bulb, the negative lead is just held in place with friction between the hose and the bulb.

The module then was pressed into the recess of the underside of the tool head. I ran the wire tight around the dies and taped it in place down the back side of the press and underneath the mount. Now I have a reliable bright light at little to no cost. I may add a switch later, if I feel the need.

I believe the bulbs were about 3 bucks at wally world and I bought 5 of them last year when they were clearing them out. Any small bulb should work as long as you match the voltage of the light and the power supply. The power supply was an old leftover savaged from work. The light will just pull out of the recess and slide into any tool head I put in the 550.

Last edited by Smith357; 01-01-2011 at 07:23 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: