View Single Post

Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 AM

Liked 3,591 Times in 816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel-er View Post
Thanks for the post.

Smith357 ...

I found a half pint glass jar for a small batch. Being I'd be cleaning one gun at a time, i may keep ingredients separate until mixing a shot glass of each when time to scrub the bore.

But now wonder if the soft plastic gasket on bottom of lid will melt due to acetone or paint thinner?
For my mobile cleaning kit I use an old pint sized GI bore cleaner can. and on my bench I keep an old 4oz shooters chioce jar full of ER it uses a cardbord and foil seal. The Acetone will eat through most generic plastic jar gaskets, or at least it ate through baby food jar seals rather quickly. Other ways to store ER that I have used with success is in old wine jugs with corks, and paint cans that you can find at your local home improvement store.

Quote:
I also have some regular kerosine purchased from a fuel distributor for outdoor lanterns. I'd thought of using it. But now think I'll call the distributor and ask what kind of kerosine?
I use the regular K1 that come right out of the gas pump, it's the same stuff that I use for my space heater in the garage, come to think of it the K1 at wally world comes in a nice 1 gallon tin can.