View Single Post

Old 01-07-2011, 03:38 AM

Liked 1,371 Times in 699 Posts

For what it's worth, Kenny can be seen in the photo entitled, "Waiting on the ramp for PT." He's in the second row, the first row has three Recruits, closest to the camera and can clearly be seen between two of the Recruits in the front row.

You know, seeing him there, especially after reading the comments here by those who have been through their own Academy experience, gives me a deep sense of pride in what he's trying to accomplish. When we moved here our youngest had just been born and Kenny's Mother was a big as a house carrying him. The boys are now men........

To give a little background, our local twp. PD sent Kenny to the MSP Academy about 4 or 5 years ago for certification. After working here in our twp., as well as another local Dept., for a while he moved over to one of the suburbs of Flint, the toughest one, Burton P.D., before recently quitting that Dept. for his newest challenge. After hearing the comments here it sounds like it's more of a challenge than I realized. I know Kenny has been a little nervous about it, especially the academic part but he's always been a smart, respectful, kid so that should help him succeed. On top of that he's got his Dad in his corner, someone who's been there, done that.