View Single Post

Old 01-08-2011, 01:15 PM
US Veteran

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Definitely understand much better. I appreciate all the explanations and time you all put into this for me. I'll just have to keep my eye out for a set of sights now. Not in any rush. Just wanted a backup set in case my optics were to go out on me. And while I can definitely appreciate the quality of Yankee and troy sights, I'm not going to pay $200 for a set of sights. Can I afford $200 sights. Definitely yes. Money is actually not an issue with me. Lets just say that philosophically, it would go against my beliefs that put me where I am financially. Not to say there is anything wrong with buying Troy or Yankee sights. Just not for my purposes. Maybe if I was going back to the sand box and was allowed to dress my M-16 any way I wanted to; but for HD, Range, and Plinking use; not going there.

But I do know now the major difference on what the vendors and manufacturers are marketing, and how they describe it. A set of sights will come along that will work, and I'll be confident that I'm getting the right platform. Thanks again for the explanations and time. I appreciate it. Mike....