View Single Post

Old 01-08-2011, 02:39 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun 4 Fun View Post
No doubt Fred Bear was the real deal. He knew how to hunt and he knew how to get close, and shoot! He also was smart enough to have a guide with a high powered rifle along most of the time.

Your 240's may or may not penetrate straight. It depends more on their profile than their FMJ construction.

If you have never fired the 300's at the speeds I am getting from 10 grains of Unique, you should. They are easier to control than any factory full powered 240 load by a noticable degree.

I dont find the recoil and muzzle jump from factory loaded 240 gr slugs. And I dont intend on loading anything heavier than 240 ( + or - a few grains) . I have several bullet "designs" here and even purchased a few molds to cast a couple of styles...which I intend on loading with 2400 and blue dot and even some 231starting at or about 1200 FPS and working up to around 1500 fps.

But as you say Freddie was "the man" but he carried a 44Mag in a shoulder holster when bear hunting and of course a "guide" with a small cannon to back him up "just in case"