View Single Post

Old 01-11-2011, 06:35 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,099 Times in 1,249 Posts

Unique.

Unique even gives the most powerful and safe handload for the .25 ACP. I would have thought Bulls-Eye would have covered that chore, but nope, its Unique.

And, while not the premium powder for use in .44 Magnum, Unique can place .44 bullets firmly into the Magnum category and do it accurately.

For full power loads in the "ACP" cartridges (.25, .32, .380, .45) and the 9mm, Unique has been tops for me.

Unique is really fine for stoking up cast lead 158 grain bullets into the "+P" category in the .38 Special without a lot of fuss or high pressure signs.

Unique's metering qualities never bothered me for a moment because I love its goodness and see its sterling worth.

The only thing that Unique doesn't do well in my view is operate at minimum charge weights and pressures. It'll kick the bullet out the end of the barrel but is sooty and complains about it by showing high velocity variations over a chronograph.

I enjoy regular use of other powders and love experimenting with powders unfamiliar to me but it is nice to have an old faithful propellant to reach for when one wishes to just kick back and be comfortable and confident in the results.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: