View Single Post

Old 01-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
Unique.
Unique's metering qualities never bothered me for a moment because I love its goodness and see its sterling worth.
Actually, it meters pretty well through Bryan's pepper shaker. I KNOW he uses it on his Post Toasties! That's how much he likes it!

Been loading for quite a while, used Bullseye from the start. Never got involved in the Unique fad, until lately. I am using it exclusively in my light to medium 45 Colt loads. That is the only place I found a use for it. Just me though.

I have started several folks reloading. I almost always ask the calibers they are going to load. If they are all straight walled pistol cases, HP-38/W231 gets the nod. Even the high pressure 40S&W. I tell them to make sure they use lighter bullets or not hotrod heavier ones if they are shooting through an unsupported chamber.

I have found in life that there is no "one size fits all", reloading is no exception.

For handguns, 3 powders would be my suggestion. Bullseye for those super light target loads, HP-38/W231 or SR4756 for those heavy standard to +P type of loads and 2400, AA#9, H110/W296 for those truly magnum babies. I do use Lil' Gun in the 44Mag, just not in handguns.

If you choose three powders in the burn rates mentioned above, you will be good to go for a long time.

Hope this helps.