View Single Post

Old 01-11-2011, 09:44 PM

Liked 189 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_JBT View Post
The FLorida Highway Patrol had a couple of marked Colt Pythons and S&W Model 27s I believe. The Beretta 96Ds have been ditched and replaced with GLOCK 37s in .45 GAP. K9 Troopers were (not sure if they still are) GLOCK 27s as a BUG.

Miami-Dade County Police, City of Miami, Homestead, Coral Gables, and the majority of the agencies in South Florida do not mark their guns. I do know though that City of Miami GLOCKs and Miami-Dade County Police GLOCKs are required to have the "Miami" Barrel.

If you want to know about that.... Click Here - Police Chief Magazine Artcile

Personally I don't wish to own a agency marked firearm unless it was mine or a family member's. Both my father and I are cops and we both carry of course on and off duty. I would like to be given the chance to either retire with my issue firearm or purchase it. I hope my father is given the same option. He's been doing it for 35 years and is close to finally calling it quits. The agency we both work for don't mark the department owned firearms. So in the end only I or my family would know it was a PD issued gun.

I enjoy collecting Military marked arms instead. M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, S&W Victory Revolvers, Mosin Nagants, Mauser, Enfields, etc....

The LEO side of collect is patches for me.
Interesting article, I hadn't heard that before.

I agree with your sentiment on PD marked guns too. I wouldn't want to own one that I hadn't carried.