View Single Post

Old 01-11-2011, 10:09 PM

Liked 9,075 Times in 2,602 Posts

[Laughing to myself, Sheriff, as my wife silently shakes her head.]

FWIW, when I talk about "metering problems," I'm complaining about sticky powder resulting in overthrows on my RCBS 1500. Overthrows that the machine tells me about - all it results in is a waste of time. I don't find that it overthrows more than a tenth of a grain when measured on a Uniflow. For what it's worth, I don't care about a tenth of a grain on non-max/non-defensive handgun loads, so it's not really an issue using a volumetric measure like the Uniflow. On the 1500, it's really more of a PITA than anything else: when I'm loading, say, the "TX FBI Load," I want each round to be precise - an overtrickle due to sticky powder wastes a few seconds.

It's really not a big deal - as I said, I'd never be without Unique. (When the Dems took Congress in '06, I went out and bought a mess of it so that I wouldn't have to be without it when hoi polloi got to scurrying around in a panic.) It's a wonderful powder.

Of course (as I mentioned), Power Pistol is, as well. It has everything Unique has except the soot, the history . . . and some of the versatility.

Sounds like the ringing endorsement of the crowd is for Unique, though - and I would never argue it's wrong.