View Single Post

Old 01-11-2011, 11:49 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,132 Times in 4,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1gunner View Post
1911, A-5, Ma Duce, BHP, what is not to like?
True enough. If you think the man's guns are interesting, just read the story of his life. If the word incredible were not so mercilessly abused, it would be perfectly applied to him. Not only was he an incomparable mechanic and visionary, he was an astute businessman and a distinguished patriot. There is not much about the man that isn't humbling to consider.

By the way, while JMB did begin development of the P35, it was actually completed and placed into production well after his passing by an FN engineer, whose name escapes me, together with JMB's son Val.

That Nomad is a cool little gun. When I was a teenager, I remember my Grandpa took me along with him to Sears one Friday evening to pick up a Challenger he had ordered. I used to dream of buying a Nomad of my own, but never did scrape together the money. Seeing that picture brings back more than a few memories. I don't think I have ever seen a decent Nomad for sale since then, which seems odd. Maybe I have not been looking closely...