View Single Post

Old 01-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Banned

Liked 3,242 Times in 1,100 Posts
Talking I got a JOB!!!!!

After 7 months of empty promises and dealing with the frustration and depression that goes along with being unemployed, I am back in the work force.

Last week a member and good friend, Sheryl Cheely, forwarded me an email from a CPA firm that all of a sudden found them in need of a staff accountant. I called the gentleman the next morning and after a short discussion he told me he was going to talk it over with his partner. H called back that afternoon and invited me to come to KS on his dime for a face to face.
I met with them Monday morning and after a 1 1/2hr interview with we concluded with the plan to meet for lunch in 30 minutes. I collected my wife from the hotel and we met back up with the partners. After a nice lunch the partner I had been in contact the whole time said "We would like to offer you the job"...dang, talk about FAST.

The next day after a LOT of discouraging phone calls looking for a house to rent we stumbled on what was to our perfect idea of a place to live in the country.

SO...it looks like I am moving to Great Bend KS. To make things even better, I am going home. All of my fondest memories of my childhood center around the time we spent in Kansas visiting my kin, and where I am going is only about an hour and a half from that place.

To all that replied to my looking for work thread I appreciate all the help and support...it means a lot.