View Single Post

Old 01-17-2011, 08:06 PM

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I have a Browning Hi Power 9mm that I bought in 1968 and carried as my personal weapon during several deployments to Vietnam. Although born a Texan, I have called California home for more than forty years. California has a law forbidding the sale of pistol magazines that hold more than 10 rounds (there are quibbles in the law). I have been neutral on that law simply because, as the Marines say, "Semper Fi Mac, I got mine!" The three magazines I bought along with that Hi Power hold 13 rounds, and are 'grandfathered in'. During Vietnam, I wanted what those three magazines provided: a means to force my way through the North Vietnamese citizenry to the coastline, where I might have a chance at being rescued. In other words, war.

My first shotgun was a single shot, and I brought home a lot of duck with it. The one I used to hunt with most of my life was a Winchester Model 24 -- a double gun. I never hunted deer, but if I had, it would have been with one of my bolt action rifles, which held five cartridges. I have two revolvers, one a J-frame (which holds five rounds) and the other a 686+ (which holds seven). I'm trying to make a point here, so I had better get to it: I believe the only gun control law that has a prayer of passing in this Congress (thank goodness for that!) would be one banning the sale of pistol magazines holding more than the standard number of rounds for that pistol. And I would support a law of that sort.

Jack