View Single Post

Old 01-18-2011, 08:03 PM
US Veteran

Liked 105 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by .357 man View Post
OK I thought about that too. There are no additional proof marks from any other country. The engraving is in English and not in German. How or why did the revolver get back to the states after being given to Bavaria? Most likely a European cartridge would be prefered over a 38 S&W. Heck 38 S&W is hard to find here. The revolver is in good shape and doesn't look like it has been carried or fired much. Most police departments pratice a lot and should have worn it a little more than this.
Anyway does this marking enhance, detract or just make interesting the value? Could I get $400 for it? Mike
I have a Bavarian also. Mine lettered to the OSS. So it went to the OSS, B.M.P. and it got back to the US from a private purchase through the Base Rod and Gun Club. From the Capt who bought it from the R&G club to a Master Sgt who brought home to Great Falls Montana to a pawn shop after he passed away to a Technical Sgt (that would be me). Your victory could have had a similar journey.

Four bills would be a bit high at least around here, but if yours lettered to the OSS it would be an easy $400 and probably a bit more.

Last edited by K.38; 01-18-2011 at 08:05 PM.