View Single Post

Old 01-20-2011, 10:09 PM

Liked 1,171 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCWilson View Post
I'm not sure my opinion would hold up if I saw the gun in person, but from the photos I think I would go for probably refinished. The light and shadow line at the side plate/frame boundary is just a little too strong, and the screw holes seem slightly dished to me. In addition, both the frame edge to the right of the barrel shroud, and the front edge of the yoke on the left look more rounded to me than they would be on a new gun. But I acknowledge that other frame edges seem sharp and not overpolished. But I may be misled by an accident of lighting, one way or the other.

How about the beveled face at the front end of the ejector rod -- blued or in the white? And how about the rear surfaces of the ratchet teeth on the back of the cylinder? The teeth can be original and blued, but the beveled face of the ejector rod is blue only on refinished guns, as far as I know. (And on triple locks, where the ejector rod does not do the work of pushing back the front locking pins.) Lack of blue in either position would tend to indicate the finish was original.
David, what do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3145.JPG (86.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3146.JPG (53.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3147.JPG (36.4 KB, 18 views)