View Single Post

Old 01-23-2011, 01:03 PM

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesro1911 View Post
This is entirely possible.

I know a number of people who work a S&W, and I've been in the plant, and let me tell you, there are parts lying around everywhere.

I'm pretty sure that all steel framed handguns are being made in the plant in Houlton, Maine now, and I don't know much about what happens up there. But I think it is safe to say that, based on the date code you provided, you have a pistol that was at least finally assembled in early 2010, and I think the letter you get will verify this.
That makes sense and pretty much negates the need to get a history report as I am more interested in the actual manufacture date of the parts and I would not get that in the report. I'd really be interested to know if they made non-TSW parts after the TSW series began, which it sounds like they don't. I don't think it's worth the $50 and time to find out when it was assembled as it is pretty obvious that it was recently assembled and marked.

By the way, do you or anyone else know if S&W has public tours of their manufacture facilities or anything like that? The deeper I get into this hobby the more I would like to learn about the manufacturing process. I'd probably drive them nuts with questions.