View Single Post

Old 01-25-2011, 04:08 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardman4 View Post
Has there been any issues with light primer strikes with these guns? I had one failure to fire with CCI Blazer, and one failure with one of my reloads. I use Winchester primers. I load a lot of calibers, and I never have any failure to fire issues due to primers. On the spent casings, the dent looks light on all of them. I am really surprised that any of the ammo goes bang with how light the strikes seem to be. I didn't know if there have been any issues about this or not.
I would appreciate any comments. Thanks.
I've been following feedback on the BG380 from the beginning because I was an "early adopter" (i.e., "beta tester"). Light primer strikes seem to be reported only rarely. The main problems were with the takedown lever and the laser activation, and a few of us had broken firing pin strikers. I can report first-hand that S&W warranty work really is top notch, and you shouldn't hestitate to give them a call and have your pistol shipped back for repair. I am about to call them myself (third time) because my laser has developed a "halo", which I assume means that the lens cover was not sealed properly.