View Single Post

Old 02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts
Thumbs up Blizzard casting!

Well, the blizzard of 2011 is now over, mostly. Got a day off of work but couldn't go anywhere! So, I went to the garage and fired up the pot.

Wife and daughter are home and making Toll House cookies. I have a treat waiting on me when I get done, YUMMY!

Believe it or not, I was getting frosted bullets even in a garage that isn't heated and it is only 19*F outside!

What I did today was take a bunch of old bullets that I made and remade them into something I wanted.

I had a Lee 228gr-1R 6 cavity mould that cast a bit out of round and bigger than .454", they looked like this:
(The one on the left.)

Recently I purchased a Mihec 45-270-SAA HP mould with the different style pins. I flipped the pins over to make some solids and really had a good time casting.

I am waiting on my new Star sizer so I can get these babies sized and lubed. Got some folks waiting on a "care package" and need to get these done!

Here is what they look like today:

Well, I came in from the "fridge" for a bit and thought I would do something constructive inside, so I started this thread. After my toes get some feeling back into them, I'm going back out and make some H&G #502 .452 240gr LSWC and some 225gr Saeco #497BB .452" for the 45ACP.

Not only can I get what I want, when I want by casting. I can take what I don't want and make them into something I do want!