View Single Post

Old 02-04-2011, 12:42 PM

Liked 134 Times in 58 Posts

Over the past two years I've been learning more and more about using the Lee dippers. So far it's been very positive! During a blizzard at work I took some primed and belled 9mm cases with me, some Unique and a .5-cc Lee dipper. I clamped a $20 Lee Reloader single stage to a desk and went to town charging and loading my own 9mm cast 124-gr cast LRN TL bullets made from straight WWs.

Note: I had already verified the charge of Unique this dipper would throw using two independent scales and 20+ "dips" to get an average.

Later, over a chrono I got some rather decent numbers for using a uber-cheap press and dippers:

LO 956
HI 993
AV 974
ES 37
SD 16

I'm perfectly OK with that, since the load shot great and was accurate enough out to 50-feet from a very compact 9mm BUG.

That night I also took some .223 Rem primed brass and a seating die and BL-(C)2 with a 1.6-cc dipper for some 55-gr FMJs. This ammo shot even better than the 9mm handgun stuff!

My point is that Lee dippers are better at measuring than many skeptics would have you believe. Even with Unique and not a ball powder.