View Single Post

Old 02-05-2011, 12:55 AM

Liked 39 Times in 11 Posts

Buy one - I don't think you'll regret it.

If you are serious about getting one, I'd strongly suggest you get into reloading if you don't already - they can be very addicting! You can go through a lot of ammo in a big hurry with 8 rounds available everytime you load one up. Even with full power 357s loaded, I found the steel framed 627 easy to hang on to. Shooting 38s in one is almost like shooting 22s.

While I personally carry some version of the 1911 for CCW, I had a 627 Pro which I unfortunately had to sell to buy my current N frame 357 Magnum - a 327 TRR8. If I ever learn to shoot it properly double action, the TRR8 will become my nightstand gun with the appropriate accessories - red dot sight, weapons light, laser, GPS guided munitions (OOPS - sorry, wrong weapons system). Single action, the bullet goes exactly where the sights are aligned when the trigger is pressed in one of the big 627s.

Seriously, an 8 round N frame is one of my favorite handguns, and I have a couple of other S&W wheel guns (but not enough) in addition to the previously mentioned 1911s. Here's a picture of my old 627, with some of my current S&W revolvers.

Welcome to the forum,
Pete

Last edited by azdover; 02-06-2011 at 01:32 AM. Reason: new picture