View Single Post

Old 02-11-2011, 04:16 PM

Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28Shooter View Post
I don't own a 27 yet but I do have, and very much enjoy, it's less glamorous brother, the Model 28 - Great gun! I do own some Colts, including an older Python and a .22 Diamondback, both in excellent shape and both purchased more as investments, and as you said, they've gotten "pricey" -I'd add ridiculously so. If I wanted a range gun, I'd go with the Smith, a 27 if you need the beauty factor, a 28 if you just want tough functional utility. No doubt the Colts are beautiful and have precision watch like actions, but I just don't think they're as strong as the Smith and Wessons.
Why are the Colts so pricey? I've really never understood. I saw a NIB 2.5 Python last night mfg. 1971. They had this thing priced at $1975.00, good deal from what I've been noticing. What did these guns sell for new? If anyone is interested in this gun just PM me and I'll hook you up, I wouldn't pay that much. I once bought a Mustang Plus II for $825 and chocked for a week. I still have the gun and prefer my 4516 over the Colt any day. Sorry for changing topics. Go with the model 27. One other thing, that Colt doesn't look any nicer than my 10-5 2".

Last edited by frbeall; 02-11-2011 at 04:33 PM.