View Single Post

Old 02-12-2011, 05:33 PM

Liked 144 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyj View Post
I would be interested in one but if all goes right would really like the 9X25 dillon
That would not be a problem once I start the 9 m.m. production.
You have the advantage that I would like one myself also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remat457 View Post
For me option 1 is preferred but option 2 is acceptable. What is the projected cost? Depending on that, I will probably need to choose 06 vs 66. thanks
I'm going to try to hold the cost at no more than $225.00, I'm hoping it will be much less.

I just spent $200.00 on a Bar-Sto, 9 m.m. x 23 m.m. Winchester and had to rework the heck out of it because it did not fit, never mind function.
No fault of the forum member that I bought it from.
He told me that there were no guarantees and I agreed to it knowing full well that I can re-machine anything with the equipment that I have available.

If the numbers of sales just aren’t there, then I'll have to sell them for the value that I have into them.
At that point we will not see this kind of undertaking ever again.
Metaphorically speaking, I will not hand them out with a $50.00 or $100.00 bill wrapped around each one of them as a gift, I have to cover my costs.
I'm doing this because I want to, there is no profit in this for me, I think everyone needs to understand this.

I am going to hold off ordering the .40 barrel blanks for least a week.
I was going to place the order Monday for 15, 22'' barrel blanks, that would make 60 pcs., 30-5.00" and 30 4.25",
(I loose 2.00" worth of material on one end for the button riffling tools to start the cut properly).
Because of the massive lugs of the 10 m.m. barrel, 1.500" stock in 416R Stainless Steel has to be used, 1.400 by design but not available.

I need to know if the $225.00 (MAXIMUM) price will work for you guys.
If that is not acceptable, then, I’m truly sorry, it’s over before it starts.

You keep me posted and I will keep you posted.
Regards,
BM1

Last edited by bad_man_ one; 03-24-2011 at 09:29 PM.