View Single Post

Old 02-13-2011, 10:19 AM

Liked 1,921 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@JCDLESales View Post
Regarding Replacing Parts sorry but you as an individual May Not replace the internal parts of a TAC-65. You May send it back to the manufacturer or to a SOT2 who can legally Repair said suppressor. Interestingly enough the BATFE considers each Baffel to be a Suppressor in itself. So to possess an extra baffel would constitute having a unregistered NFA Item.

As far as taking a .22 suppressor apart to clean it really isn't nessary and soaking the suppressor a mixture of Kroil and Automatic Transmission Fluid works just fine. Also .22 Cans tend to get Quieter with use so a little build up is quite acceptable.

I have an original Gemtech Outback that has maybe upwards of 10.000 Rds. through it most of which were from a Select Fire Ruger 10/22 and it is quieter than many new High End .22 suppressors.
I didn't say I want to keep spair parts on hand. It's the difference in being able to have a small part replaced or buying a whole new can. And yes, soaking parts may break down fouling but I want to know with my eyes it isn't gumming up too bad. From my limited experience some .22's can cause excessive leading in the baffles compared to others. Wouldn't being able to break the can down be nice to check once in a while? And lastly, yes, some fouling can help, but at what point does that build up start to work against you? I try not to over explain, so I was gulty of trying to share an opinion while not blathering on. Sorry.