View Single Post

Old 02-14-2011, 07:40 AM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
Ask a cop how often cars are stolen.

I can go months at a time without entering a place that carry is not allowed (what type of plan is it you imagine I don't have), sounds like you need to move if you can not carry most places.

Let's try again (I will type slow this time), a gun on my person or a gun in a tin box in an unattended car, which is more safe?

You're welcome.
While I agree with the intent of this post, while a person is asking the police officer about stolen cars (which happens more often in some parts of the country), they need to ask about how often a gun gets taken from police officers.

I frequently find guns in wrecked cars around here. Guns are carried in cars as a way of life. Even our accident report tow inventory sheet lists a category for guns. In the northeast or in the west coast states, this is unheard of.

However, I have been involved in two officer shootings where guns were taken from and then used on the officers but I know of many other cases. I also know of several cases where individuals lost their guns to others, most of the time knowing their assailant. Just as with home robberies, a great deal of individual robbery is done by people the victim knows.