View Single Post

Old 02-17-2011, 02:06 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,703 Times in 2,624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhland View Post
i am trying to find out the true value of my gun - the pics up top represent my gun perfectly - the box is not perfect because its been in a gun safe and been taken to our ranch off and on - it is a 4" / blue / 38/44 throughout the years used less then 2 dozen times - all of its life spent in the vapor wax paper in the box - i had sold it about a month ago but the sale went through and i discovered that i had valued it way too low - $650 - but would like to know what its true value might be - pics are located with my site name - uhland - thanks
A somewhat worn gun in a somewhat worn box is at least a thousand dollar gun in my view. Better condition brings better bucks, all the way up to new in box or almost new in box around $2000. I have it in mind that there is a premium for Transitional HDs simply because I like them and would be willing to pay a premium for them myself. So it's hard to answer your question meaningfully without seeing pics of the gun and knowing its era of manufacture.

The transitional HD I posted above looks as though it has some blue loss on the barrel and shroud, but that's light scatter. I would rate that gun at 98-99%. The box isn't perfect, but it's pretty good. So I would guess that one would probably sell with no trouble in the mid- to high 'teens. (In my enthusiasm a couple of years ago, I paid more.)