View Single Post

Old 02-18-2011, 07:52 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I spent some time last night surfing some mold sites and was really impressed. Found the brass molds on the mp-mold site--those are things of beauty. While I don't plan on buying anything right away I now have a much better idea of what I'm looking at and for.

The cramer style is the only way to go as far as I can tell. They may be more expensive upfront but you also get 3 molds in one and would imagine resale would be better if it ever came to that.

Are the mp-molds made in Europe ? How big does a group by have to be ?

I've already learned a ton and I'm ready for more. Going to get my reloading room ( "Man Cave") going shortly. I've collected 100's of pounds of real pig lead and wheel weights over the years so I do have a good start. Also a friend of mine owns an indoor range so I'm sure if I help him clean up I can get all the range lead I want.

This section of the forum is quickly becoming my favorite--I love the challenge and love building things--this will definitely help when I retire--which ain't but a few months away.

Been tire kicking here for quite awhile--love the information and knowledge all of you have --thanks for sharing so freely.

Steve