View Single Post

Old 02-20-2011, 08:11 AM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooboy View Post
What a load of ****..... like there's a bunch of crazies running around here in Rochester with with those dangerous assault weapons with a collapsable stock, and the city is just flooded with them !!! These politicians do not have a clue. One of our fine Monroe County judges this past week thought he would dictate how many guns or guns of the same caliber you could have on your carry permit. So, since he is going to save us all and to heck with NY state laws, he was having the coupon held for his review you get when registering a handgun with the County Clerk's Office ! Justthought he could do a little gun control on his own ! Yes America, every single pistol you want here in NY requires registration on your carry permit. Costs me $3 and a trip downtown every time I want to buy something. Makes me wonder how many carry permit applications are collecting dust on judge's desks, waiting for approval..... Shoo
Over the last two years, I have spent some time in Monroe county (for my work) and don't recall hearing about that. It is amazing that one Judge can do that without cause.
Over here in Erie County, we have switched to the plastic permit cards. Adding an additional gun costs $5 as opposed to $3 when we had paper. Our current county clerk has reduced the amount of time it takes for a permit application to clear her office. I hear of folks getting their permits in 3-4 months. Back in the early '90's, it took me over a year. She also put the pistol permit department in a local gunshow (Hamburg) twice a year. It is nice to buy a pistol at show and take it home that day. All this and she is a Democrat (not a mistake, I wrote Democrat!).
Mark