View Single Post

Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 PM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citoriplus View Post
Handguns are registered with the state, the county clerks offices are just the designated representatives assigned to do all of the paperwork for the state.

You can't get a permit at a gun show, but the county clerks office generally sets up an office at a show, even in Monroe county, to allow permit holders to get a gun added to their permit.
Otherwise you would have to go downtown on Monday to get a purchase document and have it added to your permit before you could take any handgun home.
Yeah, what he said. For years I went to gun shows and never purchased a pistol. If I did, I would have to pay in full, get a receipt, and take it to downtown Buffalo. The pistol permit department puts the gun on your permit (and gives you a purchase document). Only then can you pick it up. As you can imagine, the pistol permit department is not open on the weekend. Therefore, you would have to pay for the gun in full and hope the dealer was honest enough not to sell it (again) and give it to you when you arrived at his shop. I was never that trustworthy.
And yes, all guns are listed on your permit. For example, I can't loan a gun to a friend who has a permit so he can take it hunting or target shooting. it would have to be put on his permit.
Mark

Last edited by mark454; 02-20-2011 at 08:37 PM.