Thread: Why 41 Mag?
View Single Post

Old 02-24-2011, 09:19 PM

Liked 6,774 Times in 1,312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonback68 View Post
The question was what the 44 and the 41 can "DO", not what molds or checks are available.

I also never said that brass wasn't available for the Special, just there are no manufacturers of finished ammo.
This is something that I am working on. I have written to every major and even some minor ammo maker out there in an effort to get the ball rolling on a .41 Special. I have done alot of work with it, but the real credit goes to John Taffin who I am following on this. I can tell that Hornady is not interested, have not heard back from Winchester, Remington, Federal, Black Hills, or Cor-Bon. I have made the case that if there was a .41 Special, it would be a hot seller, especially with the cost of factory .41 Magnum ammo. In the letter I got from Ruger, they were interested in the project, but since they don't make ammo, they are on the sidelines. I would like to get Smith off their behinds in coming up with a .41 Special like the 696, and Ruger in .357 framed Blackhawk in .41 Special if the ammo could ever be realized. It would be an easy cartridge to make, one of the easiest in fact. But it would be the first time I think that there would be a Special after a Magnum instead of the other way around.