View Single Post

Old 02-25-2011, 01:07 PM

Liked 2,444 Times in 1,097 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by off road View Post
I never buy anything used! You have no idea how the previous owner abused it. Not cars, trucks, ATV's, motorcycles, guns.....or women!

Sir,

While I certainly understand your sentiment, abuse of(or wear on) a used gun is relatively easy to spot. Vehicles have many hidden parts(e.g. engine and drive train) which require more expertise to evaluate. But a revolver, for instance, may be checked for push off, poor timing, endshake, bore/chamber pitting, etc. by anyone with normal eyesight and motor function. Nearly all my revolvers were used when I bought them; two of them were unsatisfactory and it was glaringly evident. One the seller took back and refunded my money; the other I sold at an auction. Ironically, the only two Smith revolvers I bought new had problems. One I sold and the other I sent back to the plant for repair.

There are a number of websites which instruct people in examining used guns before buying them. You might want to check them out and avail yourself of the many fine examples of used Smiths out there.

Respectfully,
Andy