View Single Post

Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 PM

Liked 36 Times in 19 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_saa View Post
This reasoning sounds backwards. Why would you pay $550-$650 for something used when you can have a brand new one, fresh in the box for $699?

If I am going to settle for something used, that has no warranty, I would want to save at least 25% on the price.
I couldn't agree less. As far as I can tell (other than the no-lock models) SAW doesn't make a single revolver that I would buy today. So when you ask why would somebody buy a used revolver for 5-20% less than a new one costs. It's because some of us look at it as a BETTER revolver that costs 5-20% less. Who wouldn't want a BETTER gun that costs LESS?

If Smith hadn't screwed up all their guns 10 years ago (IMHO) the used ones wouldn't have anywhere near the resale value that they have today, and then we'd be looking at used guns that cost 20-50% less than new ones.

BTW - all recent models have the lifetime warranty, for the first owner, or the tenth. If you but something pre-lifetime warranty - Smiths repair price rates are VERY reasonable. - JM.