View Single Post

Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 AM
US Veteran

Liked 542 Times in 218 Posts
Default New S&Ws

I've been out of the revolver market for some years (while I was active duty, a limited budget and locations of duty stations, I kept to service style autos to stay "in practice". I'm retired now and can do what I want!). I recently purchased a Model 619 (although it appears S&W doesn't make them any more, it was new, from a dealer), my first new S&W since the IL, two-peice barrel. I have previously owned some 1930's era small frames, an 80s era Model 27 and a variety of Rugers and some others. The IL doesn't bother me in the least, and I like this 619 more than any other revolver than I have ever owned (with the possible exception of a 547 that I still possess). Not sure what the fuss is about the new models exactly, other than the purists that one always encounters. If I have a lock failure or barrel separation, I'll let the "old timers" know right away, but I'm not really expecting any big news alerts anytime soon. If I had to do it over again, there would be no hesitation in regards to this 619, new ones or old ones are all fine by me!