View Single Post

Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,354 Times in 5,549 Posts

[QUOTE=ben1;135845398]Most weapons will outlast us and we will leave them behind for someone else to enjoy.

Only if we lube them with the correct lube, moly....they will last.

OT;
As my childern were born at the sametime i purchased guns for them. Because 30 years ago they were very affordable at that time so they wouldn't have the expense now to get them. I think i did the right thing at that time.(70's)

Everything i own will be passed down to them when i pass on. I'm willing my guns to all of them and there listed who gets what too. Lubing my guns with moly will make them last for many future generations of my family too.

My very first grandson is just 6 months old and he has a winchester model 1890 22cal pump rifle and a 1906 remington 22cal pump rifle too. Next i'll get him a 22cal bolt action and a 22cal lever action too. This way when he first starts shooting the bolt action as he learns gun safety and how to handle each action in a 22cal. I'm also thinking of building him his first small game and deer rifles too.

My plan right now as i get older my childern and grandchildern will be all set with guns and reloading equipment too. We need to make sure the future generations of our families carry on the sport and the traditions too. Bill

BTW; No one left me anything when they passed on but i never asked for nothing either. But i'm going to leave my family members withy all the toys when i pass on. My childern are getting there CCW license and i hope they get there collectors licenses too. Then they can all enjoy the seeds that i planted for all these many years.

Plus we need to keep the younger guys/gals busy nowadays so they don't get into trouble. My first two childern turned out great but i worried about my last son hanging with the wrong crowd. At the time i got him into dirtbikes more and more. Here was dad in his 40's chasing his son thru the woods at 80 to 100mph. Great, it wasn't the bikes that hurt me it was that dam 4 wheeler were i broke my ribs 3 times and really felt my age. My son made it through those times and never got into any trouble but dad took the brunt of it with my body. My point is to get involved with your kids and stay with them. Teach them about everything right and wrong. Hung them and tell them you love them, thats whats missing the the world today that close family bonding.

Last edited by BigBill; 03-01-2011 at 11:00 AM.