View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 09:57 AM
US Veteran

Liked 30 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
.........Do you think age has an effect on the type gun a person buys?
Personally, I believe age equates to experience and the lack of experience adversely affects those lacking it.
Unfortunately, the actions of those lacking experience often adversely effects those of us having it.

I once justified my reasoning for hiring a guy that received his BMET training in the military and had 5 years of experience over a guy fresh out of college with a BSEE by stating the college grad lacked "the expensive errors in judgment known as experience". From that point on, HR didn't try to dictate my selection criteria or process.

If more than 30 characters were allowed, my sig line would read: "Age and Treachery will always overcome Youth and Skill"

I just turned 68, so other than stocks or grips, all my guns are all metal of some type or other, mostly ferrous.

I must confess though, I used to own a XD-45 and PT-24/7, but I gave those to my daughter. Not because they were plastic, rather because they were bottom feeders and I can no longer rack the slides reliably, or at least not quickly and/or safely enough for HD/SD.

Bottom line: I think plastic guns have their place and purpose, but none meet my purpose, so none are at my place.