View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 05:14 PM

Liked 6,774 Times in 1,312 Posts

I'm 35, don't own a Glock, don't want a Glock or any other polymer framed gun unless I get a smashing deal on one. I came from the school of the .30-30, and I have owned just about every icon in firearms history. I have had a Smith Triple Lock, an original Winchester 73 and a Winchester 92, a slew of 1894's, and a 54 (to me finer than a Model 70). I find there is nothing like the look of a blued revolver with ivory or stag grips and ebony on brass. The finest smell in the world is the fresh scent of expended black powder. Gun leather trumps kydex, and a good Damascus blade beats any combat knife in the world. A double barreled coach gun while not as impressive in firepower as a pump, has the cool factor especially when it has hammers. A flintlock will always be cooler than an inline, and there is nothing like taking a deer with a gun designed before the first automobile was even thought of. Age means nothing, it is just proof that some of us were born in the time. Heck my cellphone has text, but I have no idea how to use it, I thought twitter was something you did before you faint, a blackberry went good on corn flakes and a blue tooth was a guy down the road who had no idea what a toothbrush was. My last video game was an Atari, I still write most of stuff down in a notebook, I believe books are more fun than Kindle and cars stopped being cool when carburetors went out. Heck I'm only 35, I think I might be old before my time.