View Single Post

Old 03-03-2011, 05:16 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Okay, I admit I belong to this site and don't really care for, or keep up with Smith S/Auto guns. As far as I'm concerned I went straight from the best revolver; 4" stainless 686 to the best S/A a Glock 22 in terms of duty guns.

I've held Col. Pack in high regard since I started in 1994 and he was stationed in a neighboring county. From the outside looking in I think he's the best thing that's happened to WVSP in a long time; the first superintendant that isn't a fossil a governor didn't drag out of mothballs from the North end of the state.

While the 45's are good guns I believe that agency wold buy a *** gun if it was a Smith. I came to that belief because I've listened to troops tell me that since they went to semi auto's in 1995. From what I remember they weren't ****, but they were pretty close. I think everyone there was happy to be rid of those. The 45's they're getting rid of aren't very old and they're going to turn them in for practically the same gun. It makes one wonder.

FWIW I believe they've got some Glocks around since they sent a member I know to Glock armorer school; I guess BCI guys got tired of the Sigma's they had and didn't want to run around buying dope armed with a gun covered up with WVSP patches and so forth.

Glad they're getting new guns, while I'm sure most guys will buy their old ones the ones that do wind up on the market should be in good shape with a low round count, probably good guns to pick up if the price is right.
The Following User Likes This Post: