View Single Post

Old 03-04-2011, 02:52 AM
US Veteran

Liked 542 Times in 218 Posts

Thanks again, Oyeboteb, I think that's good advice. The dealer here gave me a description, and it sounds as though it is pretty good condition, 85% blue (original). The German gun dealers are normally pretty good and honest people; most Germans want new guns these days. This dealer specializes in used firearms, so they have a reputation to protect as well. Germans, like Americans, all want auto's these days, and so revolvers are pretty decent deals often. However, I was surprized to see this model, and am really curious to see if I can find out how it may have ended up here. However, the story may not be too exotic; American soldiers have been selling and trading their weapons with the Germans since we occupied it, so it may simply have been sold or even given to a German after WWII. The good news is that Germans are notorious for taking very good care of their weapons, which may have worked to my favor.

I contacted the dealer this morning and closed the deal. Sadly, it will take at least a month to get it on my license, and they can't send it to me until then, but at least I know it won't "get away".

Thanks for your help!