View Single Post

Old 03-04-2011, 09:24 PM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts

[QUOTE=Jswiney9;135856077what makes you all think this way? All ive read on this thread is how younger people dont know about guns, dont appreciate hard work and detail that went to making guns. This thread has really offended me, even though I know that wasnt the intention.[/QUOTE]

Why do you feel that way? If I said a younger person was more likely to receive a DUI, would you be offended? It is a fact. An older person will appreciate and care for a finely built car more than a younger person. Guns are no different. Youth see things on tv and in the movies and apply it to their lives. All of us have seen the gangsters on film turning their guns sideways to shoot them. All of us have seen people at firing ranges do such as well but how many of those are older people?

There is nothing to offend in this thread. My youngest daughter is young. She has a good education, does not do drugs or drink, owns her home and a nice new sports car while still single. She has been employed at the same place for seven years and none of that is stereotypical of the youth at large. i would agree that many youth enjoys the looks and quality of an older, quality gun but not the majority of them.

When I was 15, I dreamed of owning a Belgium Auto 5 even though it was over 20 yrs old. I now have one and it is 57 yrs old but outshoots some of the nicer, newer guns of today that I own. It is fact.

I do not see any reason anyone would be offended by this thread and no offense is meant toward any age group. Would you be offended if AARP called and would not allow you membership because of your age? Same thing. I am not offended when someone wants to hire a younger consultant with more electronics.