View Single Post

Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 PM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
....I HATE looking for and picking up brass out of the snow!

I knew there was a reason I own more revolvers than bottom-feeders.
There is a good solution to your problem.

DO not pick the brass up. I can honestly say I have not picked up a single piece of brass from any of my 1911 guns and I have shot over 3,000 rounds this yr out of it. The range can have it to reload.

Buy new, shoot with confidence. Since we only pass this way once, we should do so in a Cadillac. It only takes a little more to go first class.

Seriously, figuring in the time for reloading (contrary to popular belief, your time is worth something), the cost of the equipment, the bullets, the powder, the primers, the brass and a few other things, personally I tried to figure a way of justifying reloading and cannot do so. I am still considering it and may do so one day but for now, catching ammo on sale and buying it in large bulk amounts is cheaper for me.

I do not fish, play golf, bowl, drink often, go on vacations and sadly too old to chase women very far. I shoot and shoot often. I buy ammo in term of thousands of rounds at a time and negotiate some really good prices. Some ammo distributors have even given me free ammon on occasion.