View Single Post

Old 03-05-2011, 04:18 AM

Liked 6,618 Times in 2,200 Posts

Yep, as already mentioned, to my knowledge the CS series was never produced using a scandium aluminum alloy frame, just their regular aluminum alloy.

Price?

Well, that might depend ...

Is it in good condition and how badly does someone want to own it? They aren't making any more of them, you know, and fewer of them were eventually made than the other CS models.

The CS40 didn't achieve the sales popularity of the CS9 & CS45 models. They had no problem selling the CS9 & CS45, but the CS40 just didn't sell well.

I remember when I heard a rumor they were going to discontinue production of the CS40 and I asked someone at the company about it when I was making a parts order. The gentleman said that the decision had been reached because less than 100 units had been sold during the previous year's production.

FWIW, the 4040PD was made with a scandium aluminum alloy frame, but it was eventually discontinued, too. The cost of the scandium aluminum alloy was thought to have priced the compact 4040PD out of the reach of what most customers seemed willing to pay, especially with the small, less expensive plastic-framed guns dominating the market.