View Single Post

Old 03-05-2011, 10:23 PM

Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts

Alright, let me give a little backround. I shoot a 125rgn round nose over 5.8 unique in a 38 plus p ,for plinking in both my 357/38 carry guns. I put a few thosand rounds a year through my guns and I dont have a problem with shot placment. Its been 15 years since the academy and ive only gotten beter with my wheelguns and im really not recoil sensitive.

The big problem I have is my favorite carry gun is a 357 short barrel but I feed these double tap 9mm through my walther pps DoubleTap Ammunition and Im having a problem justifieng carrying my 357 snub when loaded with 38 plus p rounds that dont come close to this 9mm power level. I really like my 357/38s and want to justify carring them by loading up some more powerfull loads but after you take into consideration the velocity loss from a short barrel you need some umph to overtake a suped up 9mm. (I can control that hot 9mm without any problems, in fact it seems way easer than controling my scandium snubs)

And heres speers short barrel anwser to the problem Detail Page for Part # 23917 Thats over 124 ftibs under the power of the hot 9mm in my walther pps.

Now I hope you can understand my desigher to find a hotter load for a short barrel 357.

Last edited by dan-g; 03-05-2011 at 10:28 PM.