View Single Post

Old 03-06-2011, 01:09 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ExMachina1,

From the e-mail in the first post:
"We stand behind our products and will make this right for you. "
A guy can get a revolver repaired at (anymore, far too few ) other places for money, and no one expects them "to stand behind our products" because they aren't their products, they're S&Ws products. But if I had a repair performed by a gunsmith, the repair was defective, and I brought it back to the smithie and was told "I'll take care of it", I'd be ripped to find an invoice demanding money attached to my handgun when I went back to pick it up.

Contextually, IMO your plumber's story is right on with respect to the phrase "I'll take care of it", meaning the repair or improvement only, and that you might not have to pay for the plumber's time and materials should never have entered your mind. I don't imply that it did, only that we agree that the thought would have been out of place in relation to that portion of your negotiations. Not so, IMO, in Sabre03's case. I'm contemplating product liability as well as the rep's statements made, not warranty. Product liability has no termination date that I'm aware of; poor example or no, I view this as a reason that Ruger stuffs the newer transfer bar lockwork on every OM single six they can get their hands on- at no charge. Admittedly, the Ruger example arises from safety considerations, but product liability encompasses more than just safety, among other things, the product must function properly. IMO S&W owes him a credit on his card for the $83, for the reasons of product liability and representations (statements) made.

That's all I got .

Last edited by 1x2; 03-06-2011 at 01:28 PM.