View Single Post

Old 03-07-2011, 01:25 PM

Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Default It amazes me!!!!!!!

It amazes me to hear people, in one breath, talking about "older" 3rd pistols -- then making 1911s sound as if they were introduced in 2011.

Nobody in 1911 -- other than maybe Browning himself -- had the insight and foresight to predict the 1911 pistol would still be as popular as it is today. Witness the fact that Browning thought the Hi-Power was his best design..and that it "fixed" what was wrong with the 1911.

4566s -- as well as Smith 10s and others in the 4500 series -- might develop the same fanatical following -- and still be around 100 -- or 200 -- years from now.

As much as I like Glocks -- and I DO like them -- I GENERALLY like Smiths more (although some exceptions do exist).

I still -- and steadfastly -- believe polymer guns -- no matter how tough -- will eventually do what all other polymer seems to do -- which is get brittle and disintegrate.

As for personal "bias" affecting WV's decision, Glock has won contracts with plenty of bias -- historically -- in their own right.

Like it or not, "bias" figures into all human decisions -- even if it boils down to "bias" in deciding off the numbers alone.

For me, I think WV might have actually saved the new 3rd Gen production line -- at least for a while -- and I praise them for it!

(Besides, one day those WV pistols will be on the civilian market....)

Last edited by Outrider; 03-07-2011 at 01:30 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: