View Single Post

Old 03-07-2011, 01:48 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Keeping BM1 busy

I'm keeping BM1 busy till the barrel stock comes in. See the other thread on extended slide stops that he modifys, I just sent him 3 to do. Being a lefty I think they are wonderful things and a standard item for my 1911s. it is nice to finaly get one for a S&W. Even when I am doing weak hand shooting I never have a problem locking back the slide by mistake, seems far fetched. I wonder how many people have really done it and how many have read about it? My left index is down on the trigger and my right thumb is at the rear where a thumb safety would be if there were one. I sent him 2 1076 and 1 6926. I could see how maybe the right thumb might have problems with an extended on a compact but I want to give it a try. I shoot the HK45 a lot and never have trouble with the ambi slide release. The other argument is "all you have to do is slingshot" it is hard with a flashlight in your other hand or if you are laying on it in a dificult situation or it is unuseable due to some reason behond your control. I have practiced one hand reloading and it isn't easy till you do it a few hundred times and even then it is easier with an extended slide stop. Boy I am chatty when I have not slept in 36 hours! LOL Just my thoughts for what little worth they are.