View Single Post

Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 AM

Liked 648 Times in 211 Posts

Great post. I feel as if I knew your father although I never met him. I was working in South Miami in 1986 when the shoot out went down. I was there with a team closing down a corrupt bank. After 30 years with the Feds, I became a member of the KMA club and only lasted four months longer before pulling the KMA rip cord. During my last 18 months, I was assigned to assist the DOJ as a forensic examiner on a bank fraud case. I worked with three terrific special agents. One was "old school" as you put it. So was I. He exemplified the excellent reputation that the FBI special agent was known for at that time. He was one of the last hold outs with a S&W 1076. That put me on the quest for one which I finally acquired last year. One sold me a FBI 50th Anniversary 357 Magnum. It was a great way to wind up a career. I would greatly appreciate getting copies of the documents you have for the 1076 and would gladly pay the costs. I know you miss your father, but so does the FBI, they just don't realize it. Thanks for sharing.