View Single Post

Old 03-10-2011, 11:23 PM

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Gentlemen, I can't thank you enough for your kind words. They mean a whole lot to me and certainly know he is looking down and appreciates it too. He was my hero and his legacy will live on through me. Sharing and telling stories helps keep it alive all the more. If any of you met or knew him I would love to hear about it. He was brought back to Quantico to teach quite often and was offered multiple positions to instruct across the different courses but my mom and sister refused to move. I personally wanted to but I can say I have eaten at the deli in Hogan's Alley, saw the Gone with the Wind poster in front of the theater, played with the FATS system, and had lunch with Louis Freeh in his office at the Hoover building. He was the only appointment of Clinton's my dad approved of and loved the fact he was an Agent and could relate to them. My dad turned down the ASAC position in Charleston, SC and spurned the promotion because he couldn't handle the politics. He described his job as playing cowboys and indians and getting paid for it. Remember though he started down in South FL so he cut his teeth during the days of the cocaine cowboys.

I am glad I could contribute and look forward to doing more around here. I will be happy to publish some of the info, and for those of you interested further and would like copies of those books, if you cover my printing and shipping cost I will be happy to send them your way.

There is a safe full of other guns, but they are all in long term storage prepared by his gunsmith. I will be slowly taking them out and bringing them back to life. The second one I took out, which is the 50th Anniversary S&W Model 27-3. Was just cleaned up and returned. This is a quick picture but will take more in the special wood case with the blue velvet lining when I head home next weekend.

Also, here is a picture of the plaque presented to my family after his passing with his picture on his credentials, a picture of him with his 10mm on his side and his HK MP5 10mm in hand and a picture of his wings.

Plaque presented by the Bureau at my dad's funeral/ceremony for his service - Those are his credentials

My dad with both of his 10mm's - This was in 1996 a year before his passing when he was on the Violent Crimes Task Force and 2 weeks before he was involved in a shootout with a murderer/rapist

The embarrassing yet cool fanny pack with the 1076 in it

My dad's wings

The FBI 50th Anniversary S&W Model 27-3

The barrel of the 27-3

Thank you guys again and hope you enjoy these too!