View Single Post

Old 03-15-2011, 09:02 AM

Liked 6,774 Times in 1,312 Posts

I remember reading an article a while back where it was said that 4-inch groups at 25 yards is now the new measuring stick that all gun companies are going by with their handguns, and from what I have seen, your gun is not alone in this matter. I certainly would not accept groups like that from a gun with that type of price tag. My last 1911, a Para Ordnance Warthog with its 3-inch barrel could produce groups like that and better at 25 yards. What I find totally out of line is a company asking you for more money to get even a reasonable lever of accuracy. What I would tell them is that if I wanted to buy a gun that gives groups like a out of the box Glock or plain jane .45, I would have bought one.
I hear this though from more shooters all the time, why are some of these guns, with all of these modern manufacturing techniques, making guns that seem to shoot lousy groups? I wish there was a good answer, but I am thinking that its like a car company. You can have that performance car, they look good, but for more money, that car will run better because we'll sell you the V8. For more money than that,we will sell you the bigger V8 and other options. I am wondering if gun companies are doing the same accuracy wise. For the basics, you can have that 1911, it looks good, but it will do ok. That certainly sounds what they are doing here.