View Single Post

Old 03-17-2011, 12:39 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So far i've put probably just under a thousand rounds through my new SW 15-22...btw this is my first post, i'll putting up a thread right after this about my new "toy" but this ties in well one of the pics i wanted to post!

First 550 were the standard Federal bulk ammo. Had maybe 2 FTF's and they occurred in one of the last mags where i was trying out a few quick double taps. Reloaded both and they fired fine.

Next up was a box of 333 winchester hollowpoints. Had only 1 ftf and it was a dud (perfect indent from the pin). Since then i've been using the same winchester 333 boxes with the exception of trying some CCI shorts and stingers... Definitely will not load shorts as expected! Had to try tho haha. Fires fine when inserted by hand but not enough juice to work the bolt.

I was incredibily amazed/disappointed with the CCI Stingers tho !! I honestly COULD NOT believe how bad they fired out of this gun. Been back home in Missouri for the last 2 weeks and we've had a "case" of stingers (10 boxes of 50) sitting around for a few years and never shot'em much... Literally these things were as inaccurate in this gun as i've ever seen ANY ammo perform before. No i don't have the performance model, don't know if it's the rifling or what but i'd be more confident with a handloaded CB cap than using this **** again...

Here's an example of what i'm talking about... Shooting off the hood of my car at 70 yds. Had the same thing happen with 5 rounds a few days ago but had to try again.

(The two "groups" on the left, if you can call them that were the stingers. Top right Winchester 333 HP)

Btw, quick comment of the rounds that did work...

The Win's i've been using seem to be waaay cleaner shooting than the Fed bulk? Get some weird reports tho every 20 or so rounds... Definitely not target grade but they're great for cheap reliable plinkers.

Last edited by Time2Hunt; 03-17-2011 at 12:44 AM.