View Single Post

Old 03-17-2011, 01:30 AM

Liked 17,204 Times in 2,911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi71 View Post
Wyatt Burp,

I had read years ago ( and maybe now corrected info ) that when Bonnie and Clyde killed the Grapevine motorcycle cops that after they fell Bonnie walked out to one of them and shot him in the head with a shotgun (possibly her cutdown 20 gauge) and laughed out loud to Clyde as to how funny he looked when his head bounced.

This was reportedly told by the farmer who sat on his front proch and watched and heard it.

Do you have info to the contrary?
A farmer said he witnessed the shooting, but his visability from his porch several hundred yards from the shooting of the two motorcycle cops was debatable.. According to this book, when the cops rode up Clyde said to Methvin, "Let's take them!" Meaning capture and kidnap them like he did before with other cops. Methvin misinterpreted this and got out and "took one" with his BAR then Clyde shot the other guy. This book never hesitates to honestly show the coldbloodedness of Clyde so the author wasn't cutting Clyde some slack in this instance. But it's just one book and even though I read this angle before which kept bonnie out of it, there's other views out there. Regardless, they were all worthless ***'s who killed a lot of LEO's, leaving their families sad and destitute in already tough times.
I think it was probably as described in this book but don't know where this interpretation came from unless Methvin told it later because he was granted immunity. His immunity was from Texas but another state nailed him for a different murder. Oklahoma, maybe. I can't remember.

Last edited by Wyatt Burp; 03-17-2011 at 01:34 AM.