Thread: Primary arms M3
View Single Post

Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Lining up the 3X with the M3

Just got my M3 Multi with the high cantilever mounted and zeroed yesterday. I dialed it in to the iron sights at home, then at the range it was just a couple of clicks to finish. Makes shooting a lot more fun.

I also got the 3x Magnifier with the optional quick disconnect mount. They line up, almost kinda sorta. When the mounts are locked down, the 3x seems to be at an angle that views like 3/4 of the M3 view, and the red dot is always on the edge. I have tried moving the 3x forward and backward, and spinning it in it's mount. The only way I have been able to get the dot close to the middle and have the full view of the M3 is to disconnect the mount and tilt the 3X slightly.... then it lines up great.

I mounted the cantilever forward - sloping back to me. I doubt that matters, but thought I would throw it out there. I have tried moving the M3 forward and back in it's mount as well just to see if that changes the angle.

Is there supposed to be a gap between the two, or should they meld together and look like one long piece? It can physically be done that way, but the sight angle between the two is still not right.

Any ideas? I though about some tactilectricians tape under the mount, but that would be really hard to be precise.